ManUp exists to encourage men to grow in obedient faith to God, love the Lord God with all their heart, soul, and mind, and love their neighbors as themselves. It’s our desire to see the men of Southern Lakes Church grow in their knowledge and dependence upon God with regular, consistent time in His Word and prayer. We also encourage them to experience meaningful fellowship with other Christian men and engage in sharing the love of Christ through both words and acts of service. With this in mind, we are trusting God to empower this growth through the following activities:
– ManUp meetings: On the second and fourth Saturdays of each month, men gather here at church for a time of breakfast, fellowship, prayer, and Bible study.
– ManUp-Serve: Various service opportunities will be offered to the men of Southern Lakes. Through our service we hope to demonstrate the love of Christ to those in need.
– Recreation: We recognize the need for men to build relationships with other men. Throughout 2017 we will be providing a number of opportunities in which this can happen. Ice fishing, downhill skiing, canoeing, and camping are a few of the activities being planned.
– Men’s Retreat: Each year, Man Up will be hosting a retreat for the
men of Southern Lakes. There will be break-out sessions for discussion/prayer and a variety of recreational opportunities.
– One-to-one discipleship: It’s our desire to see the men of Southern Lakes Church firmly rooted in the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith. As part of the ManUp ministry, opportunities are provided for individuals to participate in regular one-to-one studies that enable them to build a solid spiritual foundation.
Men’s Depot- Bible study
Join this men’s group for Bible Study and fellowship weekly throughout the year – on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 pm at Southern Lakes Church. For details contact Don Palmer at email@example.com or 262-245-2430
Lion Chaser’s- Bible study
Join this men’s group for bible studies, building friendships and growing in a stronger relationship with our Savior. This study meets throughout the year – at 7:00 pm Thursday evenings at Southern Lakes church. For details contact Rick Snodie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-949-6985.
“Our Great Salvation” 1 Peter 1:1-12 -October 14th / Kyle Burzinski
“Holy Living” 1 Peter 1:13-25 -October 28th
“Our Priestly Calling” 1 Peter 2:1-10 -November 11th
“Submission in the World” 1 Peter 2:11-25 -December 9th
“Submission in the Home” 1 Peter 3:1-12 – January 13th, 2018
“Vindication in Suffering” 1 Peter 3:13-22 – January 27th, 2018
“Sound Judgement” 1 Peter 4:1-11 -February 10th
“The Blessing of suffering” 1 Peter 4:12-19 – February 24th
“Standing Up” 1 Peter 5:1-14 – March 10th / Josiah Stukenberg